Definitive list of modules that go into bootstrap class loader?

Definitive list of modules that go into bootstrap class loader?

Scott Stark
Is there a definitive list of modules that go into bootstrap class loader?

If not, is there a way to derive this?

Just looking at the ModuleLayer.boot().modules() output does not provide
this as I see modules like java.sql in this set that contains packages that
are not visible to the bootstrap class loader.

Re: Definitive list of modules that go into bootstrap class loader?

mark.reinhold

http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/261#Class-loaders

- Mark

On 06/12/2017 22:55, Scott Stark wrote:
> Is there a definitive list of modules that go into bootstrap class loader?
>
> If not, is there a way to derive this?
>
> Just looking at the ModuleLayer.boot().modules() output does not provide
> this as I see modules like java.sql in this set that contains packages that
> are not visible to the bootstrap class loader.
The authoritative list is the list in the JEP as Mark said. It's
possible that this list will reduce over time as more modules are moved
away from the boot loader. If the code fragment is represented of what
you are doing then add stream().filter(m -> m.getClassLoader() == null)
to filter it to the modules that are mapped to the boot loader.

-Alan