Incorrect casing in output of jar --describe-module

Incorrect casing in output of jar --describe-module

Gunnar Morling
Hi,

In a module-info.java descriptor I have this service definition:

    provides com.example.MyService with com.example.internal.MyServiceImpl

If I run jar --describe-module for the JAR containing this descriptor, the
service implementation name is printed all lower case:

com.example.MyModule
jar:file:///.../com.example.mymodule.jar/!module-info.class
provides com.example.MyService with com.example.internal.myserviceimpl

Note how the name of the service interface is given correctly.

I reckon this is an issue within the "jar" tool, as the entries in the
constant pool of the compiled module-info.class file look alright. I see
this with JDK 9.0.1 as well as 10 b32.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

--Gunnar

Re: Incorrect casing in output of jar --describe-module

Alan Bateman
On 19/11/2017 13:44, Gunnar Morling wrote:
> :
>
> I reckon this is an issue within the "jar" tool, as the entries in the
> constant pool of the compiled module-info.class file look alright. I see
> this with JDK 9.0.1 as well as 10 b32.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes, this in a bug in both the `jar` and `jmod` tools. I don't think it
has been reported already so I'll create a bug for this now.

-Alan