Not all modules are listed in Javadoc Requires section

Not all modules are listed in Javadoc Requires section

Zheka Kozlov
I noticed that for some modules some dependencies are missing in the
Javadoc Requires section.

For example, `java.desktop` depends on `java.prefs`, `java.datatransfer`,
`java.xml` but https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java.
desktop-summary.html says that it only depends on `java.datatransfer` on
`java.xml`.

Or `java.xml.ws` has 9 dependencies but only 3 transitive dependencies are
listed: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java.xml.ws-summary.html

Is this a bug?

Re: Not all modules are listed in Javadoc Requires section

Alan Bateman
On 04/01/2018 12:08, Zheka Kozlov wrote:

> I noticed that for some modules some dependencies are missing in the
> Javadoc Requires section.
>
> For example, `java.desktop` depends on `java.prefs`, `java.datatransfer`,
> `java.xml` but https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java.
> desktop-summary.html says that it only depends on `java.datatransfer` on
> `java.xml`.
>
> Or `java.xml.ws` has 9 dependencies but only 3 transitive dependencies are
> listed: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java.xml.ws-summary.html
>
> Is this a bug?
No. The Java SE API docs are generated with `javadoc --expand-requires
transitive`, not `javadoc --expand-requires all`. This means that the
published docs include the modules that are `requires transitive`, it
doesn't include the modules that are simply implementation dependencies
(and don't contribute to the API).

-Alan