RFR 8194922: jlink --exclude-resources should never exclude module-info.class

RFR 8194922: jlink --exclude-resources should never exclude module-info.class

sundararajan.athijegannathan

Re: RFR 8194922: jlink --exclude-resources should never exclude module-info.class

Alan Bateman
On 19/02/2018 16:12, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:
> Please review.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8194922/webrev.00/
I assume it should be testing the resource name with equals rather than
endsWith. I also wonder if jlink should fail for this case as it means
the jlink user has specified the wrong path to --exclude-resources.

JDK_8194922_Test.java needs a better name to be consistent with the
tests in this area.

Re: RFR 8194922: jlink --exclude-resources should never exclude module-info.class

sundararajan.athijegannathan

Updated: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8194922/webrev.01/

* replaced endsWith with equals on $MODULE/module-info.class
* jlink shows warning when module-info.class is not included (but
implied to be excluded by --exclude-resources pattern)
* Renamed the test.

Thanks,
-Sundar

On 20/02/2018 08:08, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:

> Updated: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8194922/webrev.01/
>
> * replaced endsWith with equals on $MODULE/module-info.class
> * jlink shows warning when module-info.class is not included (but
> implied to be excluded by --exclude-resources pattern)
> * Renamed the test.
Thinking about more, it might be better for this to be an error rather
than a warning so the jlink user fixes the filter. The test changes look
good.

Re: RFR 8194922: jlink --exclude-resources should never exclude module-info.class

sundararajan.athijegannathan
Throwing exception now ->
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8194922/webrev.02/

Thanks
-Sundar

On 20/02/2018 09:50, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:
> Throwing exception now ->
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8194922/webrev.02/
This looks good to me.

Re: RFR 8194922: jlink --exclude-resources should never exclude module-info.class

Looks good.  I agree that this should be an error when excluding module
declaration. Mandy