RFR: 8205926: Support invokeSpecialIFC in GenerateJLIClassesPlugin

RFR: 8205926: Support invokeSpecialIFC in GenerateJLIClassesPlugin

Claes Redestad
Hi,

JDK-8200167 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8200167>
introduced a new DMH kind, invokeSpecialIFC, which slightly perturbed
what forms we see on startup, which is linked to some minor startup
regressions in 11+19

Add support for this new kind in the plugin, and refresh what invokers
and forms we generate by default. Hard-coding defaults into the plugin
is crude and the intent is to
remove all that in favor of extended build-time profiling support (see
HelloClasslist), but this will require more time, and I'd like to get
this regression fix
into 11 to avoid a few small startup regressions that crept into the
last couple of promoted builds.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8205926/jdk.00/

Thanks!

/Claes

Re: RFR: 8205926: Support invokeSpecialIFC in GenerateJLIClassesPlugin

Paul Sandoz
+1

Paul.

On 6/27/18 6:40 AM, Claes Redestad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> JDK-8200167 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8200167>
> introduced a new DMH kind, invokeSpecialIFC, which slightly perturbed
> what forms we see on startup, which is linked to some minor startup
> regressions in 11+19
>
> Add support for this new kind in the plugin, and refresh what invokers
> and forms we generate by default. Hard-coding defaults into the plugin
> is crude and the intent is to
> remove all that in favor of extended build-time profiling support (see
> HelloClasslist),

That'd be good if we can improve that.

> but this will require more time, and I'd like to get this regression fix
> into 11 to avoid a few small startup regressions that crept into the
> last couple of promoted builds.

Glad that you catch the startup regression.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8205926/jdk.00/

+1

Mandy