RFR 8216535: tools/jimage/JImageExtractTest.java timed out

RFR 8216535: tools/jimage/JImageExtractTest.java timed out

sundararajan.athijegannathan
Please review.

Webrev: https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8216535/webrev.00/

I'm creating a small jre image with just java.base and jdk.zipfs modules
it. The lib/modules of that small jre is extracted for the test purpose.
This reduces time taken -  elapsed time in jtreg log is 26656 vs 83445
(earlier). I hope this should solve timeout issues seen in the test runs.

Thanks,
-Sundar

Re: RFR 8216535: tools/jimage/JImageExtractTest.java timed out

Jim Laskey (Oracle)
+1

> On May 30, 2019, at 2:12 PM, Sundararajan Athijegannathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please review.

> Webrev: https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8216535/webrev.00/
>
> I'm creating a small jre image with just java.base and jdk.zipfs modules it. The lib/modules of that small jre is extracted for the test purpose. This reduces time taken -  elapsed time in jtreg log is 26656 vs 83445 (earlier). I hope this should solve timeout issues seen in the test runs.
>
> Thanks,
> -Sundar

Re: RFR 8216535: tools/jimage/JImageExtractTest.java timed out

Hi Sundar,

On 5/30/19 10:12 AM, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:
> Please review.

> Webrev: https://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8216535/webrev.00/

Looks okay.

It seems cleaner to have a new JImageCliTest constructor that takes the
path to ${java.home} for jimage tests and this JImageExtractTest to call
this superclass constructor.

> I'm creating a small jre image with just java.base and jdk.zipfs
> modules it. The lib/modules of that small jre is extracted for the
> test purpose. This reduces time taken -  elapsed time in jtreg log is
> 26656 vs 83445 (earlier). I hope this should solve timeout issues seen
> in the test runs.

It might be useful to instrument and print the jimage execution time to
prepare for the future diagnosis.

Re: RFR 8216535: tools/jimage/JImageExtractTest.java timed out

sundararajan.athijegannathan
Hi Mandy,

Sorry I pushed the change. I'll take care of these suggestions in future
change in this area.

Thanks,
-Sundar