RFR(trivial): 8227512: [TESTBUG] Fix JTReg javac test failures with Graal

RFR(trivial): 8227512: [TESTBUG] Fix JTReg javac test failures with Graal

Pengfei Li (Arm Technology China)
Hi,

Please help review this small fix.
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pli/rfr/8227512/

JTReg javac tests
* langtools/tools/javac/modules/InheritRuntimeEnvironmentTest.java
* langtools/tools/javac/file/LimitedImage.java
failed when Graal is used as JVMCI compiler.

These cases test javac behavior with the condition that observable modules are limited. But Graal is unable to be found in the limited module scope. This fixes these two tests by adding "jdk.internal.vm.compiler" into the limited modules.

Pengfei

RE: RFR(trivial): 8227512: [TESTBUG] Fix JTReg javac test failures with Graal

Pengfei Li (Arm Technology China)
CC compiler-dev

Pengfei

> Hi,
>
> Please help review this small fix.
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pli/rfr/8227512/
>
> JTReg javac tests
> * langtools/tools/javac/modules/InheritRuntimeEnvironmentTest.java
> * langtools/tools/javac/file/LimitedImage.java
> failed when Graal is used as JVMCI compiler.
>
> These cases test javac behavior with the condition that observable modules
> are limited. But Graal is unable to be found in the limited module scope. This
> fixes these two tests by adding "jdk.internal.vm.compiler" into the limited
> modules.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Pengfei

Re: RFR(trivial): 8227512: [TESTBUG] Fix JTReg javac test failures with Graal

Maurizio Cimadamore
Looks good!

Thanks
Maurizio

On 12/07/2019 04:27, Pengfei Li (Arm Technology China) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please help review this small fix.
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pli/rfr/8227512/
>
> JTReg javac tests
> * langtools/tools/javac/modules/InheritRuntimeEnvironmentTest.java
> * langtools/tools/javac/file/LimitedImage.java
> failed when Graal is used as JVMCI compiler.
>
> These cases test javac behavior with the condition that observable modules are limited. But Graal is unable to be found in the limited module scope. This fixes these two tests by adding "jdk.internal.vm.compiler" into the limited modules.

I see this has been pushed but it looks like it is missing `@modules
jdk.internal.vm.compiler` as the test now requires this module to be in
the run-time image under test. As the test is not interesting when
testing with the Graal compiler then maybe an alternative is to add
`@requires !vm.graal.enabled` so that the test is not selected when
exercising Graal - we've done this in a few other tests that run with
`--limit-modules`.

-Alan.