automatic modules with defineModulesWithManyLoaders

automatic modules with defineModulesWithManyLoaders

Michał Zegan
Hello,
Is it true that automatic modules do not work if I create a module layer
using defineModulesWithManyLoaders? Automatic modules have no explicitly
defined packages so it seems they just do not work. Is there any
workaround if I want to use this without changing to a single class loader?

Re: automatic modules with defineModulesWithManyLoaders

Alan Bateman
On 07/04/2019 11:24, Michał Zegan wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it true that automatic modules do not work if I create a module layer
> using defineModulesWithManyLoaders? Automatic modules have no explicitly
> defined packages so it seems they just do not work. Is there any
> workaround if I want to use this without changing to a single class loader?

This sounds like JDK-8211825 [1]. Can you check if you see this issue
with JDK 12?