lib/dt.jar

Jesse Glick
This JAR seems to have been dropped from Jigsaw builds, at least mine; perhaps jdk/make/javax/swing/beaninfo/Makefile was never called. Anyway this horrible makefile
could probably be replaced with a 269-based processor (*).

Where should classes like javax.swing.JTableBeanInfo go? More generally, how will java.beans.Introspector's search path work under Jigsaw, especially in "design-time" mode?

(*) Which leads me to another question which I will post separately.

Re: lib/dt.jar

Alan Bateman
On 24/01/2012 11:02, Jesse Glick wrote:

> This JAR seems to have been dropped from Jigsaw builds, at least mine;
> perhaps jdk/make/javax/swing/beaninfo/Makefile was never called.
> Anyway this horrible makefile could probably be replaced with a
> 269-based processor (*).
>
> Where should classes like javax.swing.JTableBeanInfo go? More
> generally, how will java.beans.Introspector's search path work under
> Jigsaw, especially in "design-time" mode?
>
> (*) Which leads me to another question which I will post separately.
I was chatting with Jan Lahoda about this a few days ago and he had to
copy it from a jdk8 build to get the NB editor working. We don't done
anything about the bean info classes yet but that will be resolved in
time. Also remember that there is a completely new build project in the
works for jdk8 so that will eventually replace all these make files.
Also there is still a lot of development to be done on Jigsaw and there
will be many issues until everything is done.

-Alan.