module-info file location

Karl Heinz Marbaise
Hi,

I have seen an example of a multi version jar file which contained the
mudule-info.class at the following location:

META-INF/versions/9/module-info.class

based on the information I have I would have assumed that this
is only allowed having the module-info.class file at the root of the jar.

So the question is: Is it allowed to have a module-info.class file in
that location or is it only allowed having only a singe
module-info.class file at the root level of a jar file?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: module-info file location

Alex Buckley
See "Modular multi-release JAR files" in http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/238

On 22/09/2017 08:41, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen an example of a multi version jar file which contained the
> mudule-info.class at the following location:
>
> META-INF/versions/9/module-info.class
>
> based on the information I have I would have assumed that this
> is only allowed having the module-info.class file at the root of the jar.
>
> So the question is: Is it allowed to have a module-info.class file in
> that location or is it only allowed having only a singe
> module-info.class file at the root level of a jar file?
(Ignoring your Reply-to header as it looks like a marketing address).

The "Modular multi-release JAR file" section in JEP 238 [1] has the
details.

-Alan

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/238#Modular-multi-release-JAR-files