(no subject)

Nicolai Parlog
 Hi!

I guess it's too late to change that now, but I find two of JDeps
command line options have really unfortunate names:

`--generate-module-info`

* module-info is very colloquial, is this term used anywhere else?
* it's singular, which is of course grammatically correct but
  _really_ weird - it generates many module declarations (infos?)
  after all

`--generate-open-module`

* this should definitely be plural
* where did the "-info" go - is it not needed here?

I think `--generate-modules`/`--generate-open-modules` would be nice and
comparatively succinct. There is a slight discomfort because nobody is
actually creating modules, so
`--generate-module-declarations`/`--generate-open-module-declarations`
would be more precise, but obviously much longer.

 so long ... Nicolai

--

PGP Key:
    http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xCA3BAD2E9CCCD509

Web:
    http://codefx.org
        a blog about software development
    https://www.sitepoint.com/java
        high-quality Java/JVM content
    http://do-foss.de
        Free and Open Source Software for the City of Dortmund

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/nipafx

Re:

Mandy Chung
Hi Nicolai,

The `--generate-module-info` and `--generate-open-module` options take
an output directory argument and generates module-info.java (source
file) in the output directory, one per each specified JAR file on the
command-line.

I agree that this is not ideal and `--generate-module-declarations` is a
good option name.  Having a second thought, a better alternative might
be to add --output <dir> option so that --generate-module-declarations
could specify an optional argument `open`.

We can introduce new option names in a future release.

Mandy