"The unnamed module reads every other module."

"The unnamed module reads every other module."

Stephan Herrmann
SOTMS says: "The unnamed module reads every other module."

I am unable to find any similar statement in any specification.
Where should I be looking?

Stephan

Re: "The unnamed module reads every other module."

Alex Buckley
On 6/6/2017 2:28 PM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
> SOTMS says: "The unnamed module reads every other module."
>
> I am unable to find any similar statement in any specification.
> Where should I be looking?

The unnamed module is never resolved, so it doesn't feature in the
reworked spec for Resolution in java.lang.module. Instead, the
dependences and exports of unnamed modules are specified in new text in
JLS 7.7.5 and JVMS 5.3.6.

Alex

On 06.06.2017 23:40, Alex Buckley wrote:

> On 6/6/2017 2:28 PM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
>> SOTMS says: "The unnamed module reads every other module."
>>
>> I am unable to find any similar statement in any specification.
>> Where should I be looking?
>
> The unnamed module is never resolved, so it doesn't feature in the reworked spec for Resolution in java.lang.module. Instead, the
> dependences and exports of unnamed modules are specified in new text in JLS 7.7.5 and JVMS 5.3.6.
>
> Alex

Show me.

I don't see anything relating to "dependences and exports of unnamed modules"
in either document, versions 2017-05-25 and 2017-02-22 respectively,
which for me are the current versions linked from
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/jigsaw/spec/

Stephan

On 6/6/2017 2:55 PM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:

> On 06.06.2017 23:40, Alex Buckley wrote:
>> On 6/6/2017 2:28 PM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
>>> SOTMS says: "The unnamed module reads every other module."
>>>
>>> I am unable to find any similar statement in any specification.
>>> Where should I be looking?
>>
>> The unnamed module is never resolved, so it doesn't feature in the
>> reworked spec for Resolution in java.lang.module. Instead, the
>> dependences and exports of unnamed modules are specified in new text
>> in JLS 7.7.5 and JVMS 5.3.6.
>>
>> Alex
>
> Show me.
>
> I don't see anything relating to "dependences and exports of unnamed
> modules"
> in either document, versions 2017-05-25 and 2017-02-22 respectively,
> which for me are the current versions linked from
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/jigsaw/spec/

It's new text, it hasn't been published yet.